Book Suggestions are a great way for the community to interact with school libraries. The suggestions can come from parents, or from students who pass along their ideas to their parents or their librarian. It’s a perfect avenue for discussion and debate.
Creating a book suggestion
Adding a book suggestion is very simple.
- Click on Create Book Suggestion in the School Page details block.
- Enter the title of the book.
- Enter the book’s ISBN-10, ISBN-13, or ASIN to pull in Amazon book info and a link so library staff can easily review your suggestion. You can find the ISBN-10 or ISBN-13 for the book you’re suggesting on its Amazon product page.
- Add a Comment Why are you suggesting the book? Did you or your child read and love it?
- Click save and your suggestion will be added to the Book Suggestion Tab on the school’s main page.
Rating a Book Suggestion
Users can give books a 1-5 star rating so school librarians can see simple feedback on a book suggestion.
- Click on the number of stars you want to give a book (Clicking on the far left star will give it one star, and clicking on the far right star will give a rating of 5).
- The system automatically averages out ratings over time, and tells the librarian how many votes have been cast.
Converting a Book Suggestion
Library Staff can quickly convert a book suggestion into a book request, so that you and others can make it a donation.